Well, we’ve finally made it! The end of 2015 is finally here and what a year it has been. I was trying to avoid doing the whole ‘New Year, new me’ blog, but whatever, I couldn’t resist. I have no self control. In terms of writing anyway! I’m still a little buzzed on too much coffee from a road trip of 6.5hrs from Russell, Bay of Islands back to my home in Tauranga so this blog might come out in all sort of weirdness, but here goes!
2015 was one of the up and down years of my life. I’ve achieved things I never thought I would and I’ve seen both good and difficult changes in my life and myself as a person. I’ve travelled 9 countries, met people who took my breath away, hiked the alps, drank the best wine I’ve ever tasted in France, started learning French, changed careers, reconnected and built new friendships. Life is nothing like I imagined it would be but it never ceases to be incredible even during the struggles. If 2015 is anything to go by 2016 ought to be one hell of a ride!
I’ve picked up the rest of my stuff from Alex’s, I’ve met a few new people, accidentally taken things the wrong way, have concluded I suck at meeting new people and can’t communicate like a normal person…but in general, I have faith it’s all going to be alright!
On that note I think it’s time to write a good ol’ list of goals for this year! Yep, I actually have New Years resolutions this year!
- Run 5km at 5mins per km
- Achieve 30 pushups without feeling like I’m dying
- Work hard enough to earn commission from marketing jobs
- Obtain firearms licence
- Learn to dive
- Become 80 per cent fluent in French
- Volunteer twice a week
- Get involved in church
- Go on adventures
There’s not actually that many but they’re all harder than they might seem to achieve…for me anyway. So instead of adding more to the to do list I thought I’d also write a list of the ways I want to live my life this year…
- Take. Things. Slowly – relationships
- Don’t be afraid of something wonderful
- Don’t drag old hurts into new beginnings (yeah, that one’s not easy)
- Know what I want and stick to it
- Know what I don’t want and avoid it
- Never be afraid to take a step beyond the comfort zone
- Don’t hold back because of fear
- Friends first, men second
- Appreciate something in every day
- Don’t live life in order to keep up with or impress others
- Never apologise for being happy
- Avoid coffee…
- Stop planning, start living
- Be the best damn version of myself I can be
So there you have it folks!